Tuesday, July 3, 2012

a beautiful adventure

Sitting in my old room in my parents' home in a suburb of Indianapolis, I have a blank blog, hope, and a big white board for planning. I moved back home this past weekend, the first big step of faith on my journey into the next chapter of my life.

I'm looking to glorify God in all the areas of my life. Lately I've been particularly attentive to how I ought to spend my time, and on a larger scale, how I am to use the gift of life that has been given to me. Two books about purpose have been encouraging me on the topic of purpose: Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life and Richard N. Bolles' How to Find Your Mission in Life.

Human trafficking has been heavy on my heart for a few years, and I have been praying since March- God, if it is your will for me to serve you in the area of human trafficking, will you please show me what that might look like? 

About two weeks ago, He spoke to my heart, and the Holy Spirit offered the calm assurance that this, this, is the right step and an incredible opportunity to be obedient. I feel a physical calm in my heart, which is unlike anything I've felt with a decision I've made in the past. I feel called to participate in the Justice Discipleship Training School (DTS) at the Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in Herrnhut, Germany. This particular DTS focuses on human trafficking. It begins on August 25, 2012. I am so incredibly excited.

The journey so far has been a series of blessings.
  • Two days after I felt moved to do this, my pastor gave a message called The Showdown. He said that whenever God asks you to step out, He will provide supernatural protection and supernatural provision. It was encouraging and comforting, and so fitting for the state my heart is in. My God always provides.
  • I had been living with my sweet friend Emily, and our lease was set to be renewed a little over a week after I felt the conviction I shared above. It just so happened that another close friend, Kelsey, has been looking for a place to live and a roommate. Kelsey moved in with Emily the day I moved out. There is no way that the timing of my lease ending and needs being met is a coincidence. My God works in such awesome ways.
I am waiting to hear back about my application. If this is the direction that God has for me, I pray that the application will go through. If not, I'm praying for a closed door. Your prayers for God's will in my application would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment